WAR — FACT SHEET
1. The 9-11 tragedy was used to go to war with a country that had nothing to do with the bombing!
2. War on Arab nations was planned prior to Bush's election.
3. The American people went to war to free a country. American leaders went to war for greed.
4. The administration intends to go to war with many other countries, one by one.
5. War on the Middle East will increase terrorism, not fight it.
6. What you see on the news is strictly controlled by the administration.
7. The budget allots billions to military spending while cutting back on social programs.
8. The budget finances the military while putting the entire American economy in jeopardy.
9. Recent tax cuts will make the poor of this nation much, much poorer.
10. While Americans fight for freedom abroad, PATRIOT legislation attacks their freedom at home.
11. A dangerous precedent has been set allowing the president to go to war without approval.
12. Bush supports troops only before they serve, abandoning Veterans when they come home.
The majority of Americans who get their news from mainstream
newspapers and television are for the war.
The majority of people who access news from the Internet are against the war. For a list of news sources, go to